Sunday, April 7, 2013

Weekend Happenings

The hardest thing about blogging is finding something to write about. At least it seems like it at times. Sometimes you only want to write about the exciting things, not the mundane day to day things. But sometimes you realize, maybe day to day isn't so mundane. After all, you are watching someone grow up...or in my case two someones.

This morning was Haddy's first time in the One Year Old Nursery for church. Jaina had a blast, as always, in her Two Year Old class. We went with my parents to KFC for lunch, where Haddy got into a container of honey mustard. Now, Jaina is napping with my mom and Haddy is watching a video on Papa's computer with him. It is so cool to see how Haddy is learning more about interaction and expressing herself. And Jaina, right now our biggest challenge is getting her to understand listening and asking nicely. She does fairly well most of the time, but we all have our moments.

I was really encouraged this morning by a sermon our missions pastor, Pastor Mike, preached. He talked about keeping our promises, and it was very thought provoking. I want to do better at keeping my word, and be careful what I commit to. Something like a trip to the park for the girls. "Let's go to the park today, as long as it stays nice outside." Even something as simple as asking Sean for help if I told him I would do something and find I can't do it on my own, instead of just giving up or making him do it for me. I could give every excuse for how I'm not making him do it, but that IS essentially what I would be doing in the end. I have always been terrible at following through on things, and I'm hoping to change some of that.

On a lighter note, I got to see my cousin Jake and his family yesterday, for the first time since before I graduated High School. It's been a few years, and it was great to see him and Christin again, and meet Savannah (their baby girl) for the first time. Sean was bummed he had to work, so he didn't get to hang out with everybody, but he did get to say hi. Jaina got to go to the park with cousins Bethany Grace, Euridice (your-ih-dih-see), Justice, Kayleigh, and Jaelyn. While playing outside with them, she learned how to play "Ring-Around-The-Rosy", which she calls hosy hosy :P 

Well, I have to go get ready to pick Sean up from work. I will write again later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful in all comments. No spam will be tolerated. Thank you.